CloudRadial users must be pulled into the portal from a source. They can be listed as having one of three overall sync sources:
- IT Provider (aka, the PSA)
- Office 365
You have the ability to import users in bulk from a supported PSA connection and/or from Office 365, as long as you've already connected your respective tenants to CloudRadial. The manual option is there when you need to add a one-off user in the portal without a sync source (more on this below).
How can you tell the user(s) sync source?
Within a specific company, you'll navigate to Usage > Users via the left-hand navigation menu. From there, you'll see the user list for that company.
Keep an eye out for the Source column on the right for each user. This will tell you where CloudRadial is finding and pulling them in from.
In the screenshot above, we've got a mixed bag of user sources:
- Alan Vollmar is Manual, meaning that he was added by someone clicking Add in the user list and manually creating him in the portal
- Cameron Toliver is Office 365, meaning he was found in Office.
- Michael Frederick was found from IT Provider, meaning he was found in the PSA.
In instances where you've got both sync sources enabled, CloudRadial will default to using Office 365 as the greater sync source of truth for users. Users will be matched if they have an exactly identical email address in both sources.
What about the IT Source column?
The sole purpose of this column is to show you if the user is found in the PSA. The IT Source column that immediately follows the Source column is can only be listed as Yes or -
Looking closely at the example above, we can determine the following:
- Alan is manually added and is neither found in the PSA nor Office 365. He's just in CloudRadial.
- Cameron is found just in Office and not the PSA.
- Evan is found in both Office and the PSA. He's been merged into one CloudRadial contact.
- Jeff is found in both Office and the PSA. He's been merged into one CloudRadial contact.
- Michael Frederick is found only in the PSA.
Managing User Reconciliation for Clients
When you first import users, there's a good chance you'll dredge up a lot of contacts that you weren't aware of. Be sure to take stock of these users and, ideally, clean them out of their respective sync sources of truth.
If that's not an option, the next best thing is getting familiar with CloudRadial's exclusion rules so that you can keep your user count accurate.