Connecting your Kaseya BMS instance to your CloudRadial tenant allows you to submit tickets from CloudRadial to Kaseya as a part of your client portal experience.
The Kaseya BMS integration with CloudRadial is in beta and is an evolving work in progress. Currently, CloudRadial fully supports the BMS API including the following features:
- Selection of Kaseya BMS as a supported PSA
- Matching Kaseya BMS companies to CloudRadial companies
- Syncing contacts between Kaseya BMS and CloudRadial
- Updating Kaseya BMS contacts from Office 365
- API submission of tickets
- Ticket viewing and searching
- Ticket updates with feedback
- User notes viewing
- User file upload
- Basic invoice details
- Workflow for company admin approvals
If you were previously using the initial BMS integration, please note that you will need to update the PSA settings on the Partner Settings page.
Connecting Kaseya BMS
To get Kaseya BMS connected to CloudRadial, we'll follow three steps:
- Configuring Kaseya BMS
- Tying the API key into CloudRadial
- Tying Kaseya BMS to specific companies in CloudRadial
Step 1: Configuring Kaseya BMS
Why are we doing this? To integrate with Kaseya BMS, you will need your domain prefix and an API key to ensure a data connection between both platforms.
- You will need use an existing user (employee) or create a new user with the appropriate credentials
- Be sure the user ID that you use is configured with the Security Role of "Administrator"
If you're not sure if you have these permissions, follow these steps to check:
- Select the Admin tab at the top of BMS
- Select Security > Roles on the left-hand side
- Select the specific role (Administrator) and ensure that all permissions are enabled.
- Select the Role Users tab and ensure that the API user is in the security role
- If not, use the +Add button to add the user to the appropriate group
Step 2: Tying the API Key to CloudRadial
Why are we doing this? Once we have the right permissions tied to the API key, we'll need to enter it into your CloudRadial instance to secure the connection.
- Log into your CloudRadial tenant
- Go to Partner > Settings and click on "PSA" under Setup in the right-hand column
- Select Kaseya BMS for the PSA
- Fill out the first Connection Information section
- Enter the URL from your instance without HTTPS (Example: na1bmspreview.kaseya.com)
- Enter your own company identifier
- Enter the user name of the existing or newly created user for the API User ID field
- Enter the user's password in the API User Password field
Press Test Credentials once the steps above are completed to ensure the connection is secured
Setting up the Ticket Settings section
- For Ticket Queues:
Determine what tickets your users will be able to see - multiple queues can be selected one at a time. The first board you select should be the board where tickets go initially such as Triage or Level I Support.
- For Statuses for “Client Closed / Ticket is Resolved”:
List one or more statuses that indicate the ticket is closed and should be marked as such. Tickets matching this status (or statuses) will display under the Closed tab within the ticket view under Support > Support Tickets.
- For Statuses for "Ticket Waiting":
Ensure that CloudRadial will flag the status(es) listed here as needing attention. Typically, this is used for approval workflows to let people know there is an action to be taken (such as approve, deny, escalate, etc). These statuses must already exist in the PSA. This will do the following:
- Make the status appear orange in the Support > Support Tickets area for better visibility
- Allow the ticket with the waiting status to show up under the Waiting tab for better visibility
- For "Client Comments":
Sets the status to whatever is filled in this field, should a client comment on a ticket from within the portal.
- For Priority for "User Priority":
Set the default priority level for users marked as "priority". More information on this can be found in this article.
Finally, select the Submit button to lock in the settings
Step 3: Tying Kaseya BMS to Specific Companies in CloudRadial
Why are we doing this? We need to use identifiers to help CloudRadial link specific companies in the portal to companies in Kaseya BMS.
- Navigate to Partner > Clients in CloudRadial
- Click on the 3 blue dots on an existing client
- Click Edit
- Once in the Company editing panel, look for the PSA Company Identifier field
- Note: Steps 4-8 apply both when editing an existing client in CloudRadial or when adding a brand new one
- Use the Lookup button to find their company identifier in Kaseya BMS
- Press enter on the blank field to load entries, or type the first few letters of the company you're trying to find and then press enter
- Click on the corresponding company
- The ID will now be in place. Click Submit at the bottom of the panel
The data from Kaseya BMS will now be flowing into the relevant (and currently supported) areas of CloudRadial.
Setup is complete - simply repeat the ID entry steps for any loaded up clients or for new clients added to the portal. Please provide feedback and comments on your BMS experience to firstname.lastname@example.org