CloudRadial requires the creation of a TypeMapping custom field created in Kaseya BMS specifically for the purpose of Type Mappings.
Note that Kaseya BMS doesn't support bulk edits to contacts, which means you cannot mass assign contact types to users. This is intended to be for select contacts only rather than many contacts at once.
Below, you'll find the instructions on how to create and apply these contact types to users within Kaseya BMS.
How to Create The TypeMapping Custom Field in Kaseya BMS
To create a user "TypeMapping" field in Kaseya BMS:
- Log into Kaseya BMS as an administrator
- Use the nav bar at the top and select Admin
- Select My Company > Custom Fields from the left-hand menus
- Select the New (N) button to create a new custom field
- Create the new custom field with the information as follows:
- Field Name - TypeMapping
- Field Type - Data List
- Module Name - Contacts
- Status - Active
- Select Save (S) at the top
Once you create the type mapping custom field, you'll need to define your user types from the Custom Field Settings options. This section will appear after you select Save above.
Here, you can select the values (in essence, the different user types) that you want for your customers.
To do so:
- Select +Add at the top of the section
- Enter your desired user type name for Custom Field Value
- Ensure Active is marked as Yes
- Select Save (S) to finalize this
- Repeat steps 1-4 to create as many different user types as you'd like
How to Apply Types in Kaseya BMS
To apply the Type(s) to specific users in Kaseya BMS:
- Log into Kaseya BMS
- Use the nav bar at the top and select CRM
- Select Contacts on the left-hand menus
- Locate the contact(s) that you wish to apply the Type to
- You can search for them or filter them as required. Ex: By account
- Once you've found your user(s), hover over the left-hand menu and select Edit Contact
- When editing a user, select the Custom Fields tab from the navbar at the bottom
- Apply the appropriate user type that you defined previously from the Type Mapping custom field
- Select Save (S) at the top to finalize the selection
Remember that this value you enter within the TypeMapping field is the value used within CloudRadial's Type Mappings. Be sure to read the Type Mappings article to apply them as intended.