CloudRadial requires the creation of a TypeMapping user-defined field (UDF) created in Autotask specifically for the purpose of Type Mappings.
Note that Autotask doesn't support bulk edits to contacts, which means you cannot mass assign contact types to users. This is intended to be for select contacts only rather than many contacts at once.
Below, you'll find the instructions on how to create and apply these contact types to users within Autotask.
How to Create The TypeMapping UDF in Autotask
To create a user "TypeMapping" field in Autotask:
- Log into Autotask as an administrator
- Use the hamburger menu at the top left and select Admin
- Expand APPLICATION-WIDE (SHARED) FEATURES
- Select User-Defined Fields from the available options
- Select the Contact tab from the UDF list
- Select the +New button at the top to create a new Contact-specific UDF
- Enter the following options:
- Name - TypeMapping (case and spelling sensitive)
- Field Type - Text (Single Line)
- Active - Checked
- Select Save & Close to finalize the UDF creation
How to Apply Types in Autotask
To apply the Type(s) to specific users in Autotask:
- Log into Autotask
- Use the hamburger menu at the top left and select CRM > Contacts
- Locate the contact(s) that you wish to apply the Type to
- You can search for them or filter them as required. Ex: By account.
- Once you've found your user(s), hover over the left-hand menu and select Edit Contact
- Search for the left-hand menus and find the section for User-Defined Fields
- Enter the desired Type in the created TypeMapping field
- Select Save & Close at the top to finalize your setting
Remember that this value you enter within the TypeMapping field (Power User in the image above) is the value used within CloudRadial's Type Mappings. Be sure to read the Type Mappings article to apply them as intended.