A challenge that many MSPs face is understanding which of their PSA contacts are also found in Office 365. Figuring this out can help MSPs keep their PSA data cleaner for better billing and support.
CloudRadial allows you to sync contacts from Office 365 to your PSA. Furthermore, it can also show you which of those contacts are found in the PSA with the help of custom fields.
- How CloudRadial Tracks Office 365 Users in the PSA
- Establishing the PSA/Office Sync
- ConnectWise Instructions
How CloudRadial Tracks Office 365 Users in the PSA
To help you know which users are synced from Office 365, you can add a custom field with the label IsOffice365 to the contact entity. Then, as users are synced/updated from CloudRadial, those that are found in Office 365 will have this field updated.
Establishing the PSA/Office Sync
Regardless of the specific PSA, the first step is to follow these instructions to establish the PSA/Office 365 sync through CloudRadial.
- Navigate to Partner > Clients
- Locate the specific company you require
- Use the 3 blue dot menu options to Edit the company
- Find the PSA / Office 365 Synchronization section
- Enable the option to Update PSA contacts from Office 365 users?
Now, CloudRadial will establish a sync process between itself, the PSA, and Office 365. This link is necessary to mark the users as being from Office 365 or not.
Below, you can find PSA-specific instructions on how to establish the link.
- Navigate to System > Setup Tables
- Search for and select Custom Fields under the Table column
- Search for and select Contact Details under Pod Description
- Use the plus sign (+) to add a new custom field
- Create the custom field with the following conditions:
- Field Caption: IsOffice365
- Field Type: Checkbox
- Display on Screen? Yes
- Read Only? Yes
- Include on List View? Yes
- Sequence #: Whatever you prefer
Select Save or Save and Close in ConnectWise to finish the creation of this custom field.
Once completed, the next sync between the PSA and Office 365 from CloudRadial (either automatically overnight or manually) will populate the new custom field. In a given company in ConnectWise, navigating the Contacts screen will show the custom field and will allow you to easily get information on who is and is not in Office 365.
If you're having trouble seeing the field pull through, check the farthest column to the right and/or ensure that your IsOffice365 custom field is set to display. You can use the gear icon at the top right of the Companies > Contacts area to enable or disable it.
Article is closed for comments.