For more flexible data visualization, you can plug in a dashboard from any source that allows for publicly embeddable widgets. One such example is PowerBI, which can be incredibly powerful.
Below, we'll cover how to enter these into CloudRadial.
1. Preparing PowerBI Dashboards for a Publicly Sharable URL
Once you create your dashboard to your liking in PowerBI, you can:
- Select the Share option at the top of the dashboard
- Set your sharing settings to be visible to either certain organizations, or all people (preferred)
- Select the Copy Link button
Keep that copied URL as we'll use it in the next step.
2. Entering the PowerBI Link to CloudRadial's Dashboards
If you're just starting to set up your dashboard, please visit this article that talks about general set up best practices for third-party dashboards.
For the sake of brevity, we'll cover how to add a local dashboard for just one client:
- Navigate to Account > Dashboards.
- Click on + Add Dashboard at the top right.
- Set the Title, Description, Display Order (optional), and the Icon.
- A new dashboard will be created. Select the new dashboard from the top nav bar.
- Select Edit.
- Find the HTML gauge under the Miscellaneous section.
- (Optional) Add more gauges and drag/drop them to their preferred positions. You can also extend or shrink them by dragging their corners.
- Use the 3 blue dot menu on the gauge and select Settings.
- Select the </> Code View button.
- Enter in HTML code to embed Graphana, using the Raintank.io source. Below is a sample code:
<iframe width="100%" height="750" src="https://app.powerbi.com/links/Code_source=linkShare" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
- Select the </> Code View button again to save the code.
- Select the Save button at the bottom to finalize the dashboard.
Your PowerBI dashboard will now show within CloudRadial.