For more flexible data visualization, you can plug in a dashboard from any source that allows for publicly embeddable widgets. One such example is Grafana, which can be incredibly powerful.
Below, we'll cover how to enter these into CloudRadial.
1. Preparing Grafana Dashboards for a Publicly Sharable URL
Once you create your dashboard to your liking in Grafana, you can:
- Select the Share option at the top of the dashboard
- Navigate to the Snapshot tab and fill out the relevant info
- Name the snapshot whatever you wish. The default will be to keep the same name as the dashboard.
- Set the expiration to Never.
- Set the timeout to 4 seconds (can be longer depending on the sheer amount of data).
- Select Publish to snapshot.raintank.io
- Copy the link produced by Grafana.
2. Entering the Raintank.io Links to CloudRadial's Dashboards
If you're just starting to set up your dashboard, please visit this article that talks about general set up best practices for third-party dashboards.
For the sake of brevity, we'll cover how to add a local dashboard for just one client:
- Navigate to Account > Dashboards.
- Click on + Add Dashboard at the top right.
- Set the Title, Description, Display Order (optional), and the Icon.
- A new dashboard will be created. Select the new dashboard from the top nav bar.
- Select Edit.
- Find the HTML gauge under the Miscellaneous section.
- (Optional) Add more gauges and drag/drop them to their preferred positions. You can also extend or shrink them by dragging their corners.
- Use the 3 blue dot menu on the gauge and select Settings.
- Select the </> Code View button.
- Enter in HTML code to embed Graphana, using the Raintank.io source. Below is a sample code:
<iframe width="100%" height="750" src="https://snapshot.raintank.io/YourLinkHere" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
- Select the </> Code View button again to save the code.
- Select the Save button at the bottom to finalize the dashboard.
Your Graphana dashboard will now show within CloudRadial.