CloudRadial's data agent collects data from client workstations and servers to obtain formatted data for use in client reporting and account management.
- What Data Does CloudRadial Collect?
- Where Is CloudRadial Agent Data Stored?
- What Can the CloudRadial Agent Do?
What Data Does CloudRadial Collect?
The data agent collects information from:
- Registry entries
- WMI entries
- Directory size information for protected folders
- User email and related access information
The agent does NOT collect any:
- Document names or content
- Passwords or phone numbers
Where Is CloudRadial Agent Data Stored?
Information is collected and sent in an encrypted format to CloudRadial servers where it is stored in encrypted storage.
What Can the CloudRadial Agent Do?
The data agent runs as a Windows service and checks in at system startup and then once a day if the system is not restarted. Otherwise, the agent "sleeps" and cannot be communicated with directly.
The only action the agent can take, beyond collecting information on its schedule, is to uninstall itself if:
- It detects that the company it is associated with no longer exists
- The partner supporting the company is no longer a CloudRadial client
This uninstall action only occurs based on the result it receives at check-in.
Article is closed for comments.