With MailChimp integration, you can sync the marketing lists you build in CloudRadial with MailChimp. To understand how this works, you'll need to understand how MailChimp handles "audiences".
An audience in MailChimp is a list of email addresses to which you can target emails. Audiences can be segmented using "tags". Tags are attributes assigned to an email address. When you send an email in MailChimp you can select the audience and a tag to limit sending to just certain contacts.
How to Set Up the Mailchimp Integration
CloudRadial will always synchronize with an audience titled "CloudRadial".
If this audience does not exist, it will be created. Depending on which plan you are on, you may be limited to just one audience. You will need to either rename an existing audience to "CloudRadial" or start with the free plan with new audience created.
If you are having trouble syncing, the most likely problem is that your current plan does not allow you to create an additional audience.
To obtain your API key from MailChimp:
- Click on your picture at the bottom-left and click "Profile".
- On the Profile page, click on the "Extras" tab and choose "API keys".
- On the API keys page, create an API key and copy it to the correct setting in CloudRadial.
For extra security, your MailChimp API key is kept in an Azure Key Vault in CloudRadial and is not stored in your database.
For more information on creating an API key MailChimp is available here: https://mailchimp.com/help/about-api-keys/
More information on creating audiences in MailChimp is available here: https://mailchimp.com/help/create-audience/
Adding Marketing Lists to MailChimp
Once the connection to Mailchimp is secured, you can follow these steps to get the lists to show up in MailChimp from CloudRadial:
- Navigate to Partner > Marketing > Mailing Lists (tab)
- Select +Add at the top right to build a new list
- Create a list with the audience you prefer
- In the Name field, call the list something that easily identifies the audience (Ex: Healthcare Admins)
- Select the relevant user and company groups
- Use the Installed Products and Uninstalled Products to further refine the list to contacts that either have or don't have services installed in their business.
- CloudRadial bases these off of the Planner - if you're not utilizing the planner actively, it's best to leave these blank to avoid errors in populating the list.
- If wanted, select the option to build the list from only Office 365 contacts
- Select the option to Sync with MailChimp
- Without the final step to sync a specific list with MailChimp, you won't see any data pull through. Be sure to do this.
- Select Submit to finalize the list.
Once CloudRadial finishes building the list, it will upload it to MailChimp via API.
Troubleshooting MailChimp Connection Issues
If you're not seeing your MailChimp audience come in from CloudRadial, the most common issue is that there is an existing audience slot taking it's place.
This is especially common with free accounts, as they only allow one audience to be added - and they usually require you to set one up as part of their account start-up process.
Deleting this audience (or as many audiences as necessary) to free up a slot will fix the issue. You may need to re-build or re-sync the list to have it work.