Support PINs help you identify users when they call in for support or request support from an unfamiliar email address.
When your end users log in to your CloudRadial portal, they will prompted to set a support PIN for their account, which can be a number, letters, or a combination or both. You can see how this works by impersonating a specific user under Partner > Clients.
User entered support PINs can be viewed in the Users view under Partner > Clients.
Setting up the SupportPIN Field in ConnectWise
In ConnectWise, this PIN is seen as an additional field under their contact details, as seen below:
The instructions to set it up are as follows:
- In either the cloud-based instance or on the Windows client for ConnectWise Manage, navigate to System on the left-hand navigation menu, then to Setup Tables
- In the following search dialogue, search for Custom Field in the Table column. Then, click on the Custom Field option that appears.
- Under the column for Pod Description, look for and click on the Contact Details option
- Click on the + Custom Field option to add a new customization
- On the custom field, add the following:
- In the Field Caption field, write in SupportPIN
- In the Field Type, set it as Text
- In the Method of Entry, set it as Entry Field
- In the Sequence # field, leave it as the current number (unless you want to re-order it in regards to other custom fields)
- Ensure Display on Screen? is enabled
- Hit Save & Close once you're finished
Now, the user PIN will correspond to the matched field in ConnectWise. You may need to refresh the contact or submit another ticket if you're testing out the field currently.