The Account Planner provides a way to score or rank clients based on the products (or planner items) installed. To setup a scoring system for your clients:
- Edit the planner items in your content and assign a score to the items you want to weight. More important planner items (products) should have a higher relative score value. Scores are under the Settings view when editing the items. A sample scoring plan is below.
- When impersonating and admin for a client, view the Account > Planner tab and move the installed planner items to the Installed column.
Once you have good account plans for your clients, go to Product > Planner and choose the Scoring view. This will give you a total score of installed products across all of your clients.
Sample Scoring Plan
One strategy is to weight items higher based on their ability to reduce your staffing requirements and increase the ability to apply automation. In this way, lower ranked clients are indicative of clients who are increasing your workload and/or security risk due to their resistance to best practices.
- Managed Services (or other base plan) - 40 pts
- Enhanced Security - 30 pts
- Recent Hardware Refresh - 20 pts
- Cloud-Based Servers - 20 pts
- Cloud-Based Systems - 10 pts
- Office 365 - 10 pts
- Office 365 Training - 20 pts
- Project Related Items - 2pts