As you begin deploying and using CloudRadial, you'll want to be able to reach out to your users with messaging, emails, notifications and more. For this you'll need an accurate contact list. All of this syncing helps you get the list you and your clients can agree on.
As you sync users to CloudRadial, you may find that service accounts, shared mailboxes and other conveniences don't accurately show the true list of contacts within a company. CloudRadial helps you sort through this in several different ways.
- Doesn't automatically sync disabled users from Office 365 (though you can override this setting).
- Doesn't automatically sync inactive users from ConnectWise.
- Allows you to turn off "Sync Unlicensed Users" under a company's Sync settings. (Edit a company to change this setting)
- Provides Type Mapping to allow log ins only from your points-of-contact or business owners.
- Enables Exclusions to make sure that service accounts are not counted as users.
Once you have your clients synced to CloudRadial, your clients will have a directory of their users that is aligned to your systems.