CloudRadial requires the creation of a TypeMapping user-defined field (UDF) created in Syncro specifically for the purpose of Type Mappings.
Note that Autotask doesn't support bulk edits to contacts, which means you cannot mass assign contact types to users. This is intended to be for select contacts only rather than many contacts at once.
Below, you'll find the instructions on how to create and apply these contact types to users within Autotask.
How to Create The TypeMapping UDF in Syncro
To create a user "TypeMapping" field in Syncro:
- Log into Syncro as an administrator
- Navigate to Settings > Customers > Contact Custom Fields
- Create New Field
- Select Text Field from the available options and assign name "TypeMapping"
- Click Create Contact field to save
How to Apply Types in Syncro
To apply the Type(s) to specific users in Syncro:
- Log into Syncro as administrator
- Navigate to the Customers tab and select the business the contact is an employee of
- Navigate to the Contacts tab and locate the contact(s) that you wish to apply the Type to
- Enter the desired Type in the created TypeMapping field
- Select Save & Close at the top to finalize your setting
Remember that this value you enter within the TypeMapping field (Power User in the image above) is the value used within CloudRadial's Type Mappings. Be sure to read the Type Mappings article to apply them as intended.
If you need any assistance please Click Here to Submit a Request.