Support PINs help you identify users when they call in for support or request support from an unfamiliar email address.
When your end-users log in to your CloudRadial portal, they will be prompted to set a support PIN for their account, which can be a number, letters, or a combination of both. You can see how this works by impersonating a specific user under Partner > Clients.
User entered support PINs can be viewed in the Users view under Partner > Clients
Setting up the SupportPIN Field in Syncro
In Syncro, this is seen as a custom field within the contact's information, as seen below:
The instructions to turn it on are as follows:
- Navigate to the top menu in Syncro and click on More from the top-right dropdown.
- Select Admin from the dropdown
- Find the Customers section on the left, and select Contact Custom Fields.
- Click the New Field button at the top
- Fill out the fields as follows:
- For Name, enter SupportPIN
- For Field Type, select Text Field
- Hit Create Contact Field when complete
The SupportPIN field will now populate within a custom field listed within the contact's notes. Syncing may be required to have this field populate. Wait either one day for CloudRadial's nightly syncs or manually sync the company by following these steps:
- Navigate to Partner > Clients
- Select the company to sync
- Click on the Sync option within their details to trigger a manual sync
- Refresh Syncro and check the customer's notes