The original version of the Microsoft Partner PowerShell script that Legacy Partners used did not include the User.ReadWrite.All permission. Because of this, users that were imported based on those parameters are not able to change their Office 365 details when clicking the pencil on their profile page.
The newest version of the PowerShell script has this right added to the list of requested permissions. Partners who used the previous script can make the fix in their Azure Active Directory or simply rerun the script and replace the application ID and secret values.
Note! This change occurred in August 2019. Partners that started with CloudRadial after this date may disregard the following instructions.
Updating in Azure
- Navigate to portal.azure.com
- Open the Azure Active Directory tab
- Select App Registrations > All Applications
- Open the App CloudRadial Partner Application (partnerid)
- Go to API Permissions and add User.ReadWrite.All
- Click on the Grant Admin Consent button at the top of the page to apply changes
- Users will need to log out and back in again to have these changes take effect