This feature is in beta and must be enabled for your tenant. If you would like to participate in the beta program, please send an email to email@example.com. Also use this email to report any problems or provide any feedback. The features discussed here are not available unless your instance is enabled for the trial.
The CloudRadial tray application puts the power of CloudRadial on your client's Windows desktop. The tray application frames the client portal website and offers these additional advantages:
- Enables execution of local PC applications.
- Adds configuration information to client tickets for ConnectWise and Autotask.
- Lets users easily add a screenshot of all their active monitors to a ticket.
- Provides a self-renewing login token to provide an always connected portal after the first login.
- Allows defining the portal icon and custom links for the application and the tray icon.
Setting the Application Icon
- Go to Partner Settings and choose "Account & Branding".
- Under the Branding tab, enter the image URL for the image you want. The image should be a PNG file no larger than 100x100 pixels.
- Images should be stored in your media library (Partner Account) for the best performance.
- You will also need to specify this icon file when you install the application on your client's computers.
Adding Custom Links for All Clients
- Go to Partner Settings and choose the option for "Desktop Links".
- Add the links you want to appear in the application and any image URLs for them.
- You can have the links appear when the app is minimized or open. Links on the open window appear under the View menu.
- Links can reference web applications, local programs (see below) or internal pages such as /app/service/report or /app/service/request.
Adding Custom Links for Specific Clients
- Go to Partner Clients and open the client.
- Go to the Desktop Links tab that appears on the client profile page.
- Add links that will appear specifically for the client.
Deploying the Agent
- The tray application deployment information is on the Partner Account tab. Your app's authorization code and the recommended Windows command line for installing the agent are shown on the account page. There is a single install program for all of your clients.
- You can provide the link to the tray application installer to your end users.
- On the first run, users are prompted for the authorization code shown on your account screen. The same authorization code works for all end-users in all companies.
- You can also deploy the agent remotely using the command line:
CloudPortal.exe /verysilent /endpoint=https:yourcloudradialurl.com /icon=https://itmedia.azureedge.net/media/azurative.png /verysilent
- Use your default CloudRadial URL after the endpoint option starting with https://. Do not include a trailing slash. Use the icon URL you defined for the application icon for the icon parameter.
Running Local Applications
Applications launched from menu items within CloudRadial can invoke local applications as well as web applications. Local applications do not appear outside of the tray icon unless the Edit All option is chosen.
Local application URLs start with a drive letter such as C:\... or start with the following options to reference local folders:
Running Special Commands
You can add other commands that will trigger internal operations in the Desktop application. These applications are determined based on the URL parameter. The available options are:
- refresh - Refresh the browser view
- screenshot - Activate the screenshot option
Interacting with Broadcast Messages
Broadcast messages sent to the tray application will also appear as a Windows toast notification. Links in the toast notification work as they do in the web application.