The CloudRadial desktop tray application puts the power of CloudRadial on your client's Windows workstation. The tray application frames the client portal website and offers these additional advantages:
- Enables execution of local PC applications.
- Adds configuration information to client tickets for ConnectWise and Autotask.
- Lets users easily add a screenshot of all their active monitors to a ticket.
- Provides a self-renewing login token to provide an always connected portal after the first login.
- Allows defining the portal icon and custom links for the application and the tray icon.
Setting the Application Icon
- Go to Partner Settings and choose "Account & Branding".
- Under the Branding tab, enter the image URL for the image you want. The image should be a PNG file no larger than 100x100 pixels.
- Images should be stored in your media library (Partner Account) for the best performance.
- You will also need to specify this icon file when you install the application on your client's computers.
Building Your Custom Installer
- Go to Partner Settings and choose "Desktop Application'.
- Click on the Build Installer button (if it has not previously been built) or choose the Download Installer button to download the current version.
- If you make changes to your portal name or desktop icon, you will need to rebuild the installer using the link provided.
Adding Custom Links for All Clients
- Go to Partner Settings and choose the option for "Desktop Application".
- Add the links you want to appear in the application and any image URLs for them.
- You can have the links appear when the app is minimized or open. Links on the open window appear under the View menu.
- Links can reference web applications, local programs (see below) or internal pages such as /app/service/report or /app/service/request.
Adding Custom Links for Specific Clients
- Go to Partner Clients and open the client.
- Go to the Desktop Links tab that appears on the client profile page.
- Add links that will appear specifically for the client.
You do not need to rebuild the application after changing the custom links. Users will have access to the new links when they restart the application or choose the Refresh menu option.
Deploying the Agent
Please see this article for deployment information Installing the Desktop Tray Application.
Running Local Applications
Applications launched from menu items within CloudRadial can invoke local applications as well as web applications. Local applications do not appear outside of the tray icon unless the Edit All option is chosen.
Local application URLs start with a drive letter such as C:\... or start with the following options to reference local folders:
Running Special Commands
You can add other commands that will trigger internal operations in the Desktop application. These applications are determined based on the URL parameter. The available options are:
- refresh - Refresh the browser view
Interacting with Broadcast Messages
Broadcast messages sent to the tray application will also appear as a Windows toast notification. Links in the toast notification work as they do in the web application.