Desktop Application v4.0
As a service portal or company intranet, the Desktop Application has become the preferred way for many partners to deliver CloudRadial to clients. The desktop app brings several features that are unavailable with the web version of the portal including:
- Installation as a tray icon or desktop application link.
- Additional hardware and diagnostic information with tickets.
- One-time client log-in with self-renewing login tokens.
- Integrated screen capture for all screens or selected regions.
- Popup broadcast notifications through Windows messages or a dedicated message box.
- Automated login with local Active Directory or Windows corporate managed devices.
- Custom toolbar items at the partner or company level.
- Menu items to run local applications that show up only in the desktop application or that are definable as alternatives to the web versions.
- Ability to open with a desktop protocol clientportal:// to allow triggering from other applications or desktop buttons.
This latest update to our Desktop Application improves performance and reliability. Updates in release 4.0 include:
- Reworked the screen capture dialog box to simplify usage.
- Added the option for users to receive desktop notifications via Windows toast notifications rather than a popup message list.
- Added new install and registry key options for program startup. Set these values under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Azurative\CloudRadial.
- Logging - String value set to true/false to enable more debugging information logged to the downloads folder.
- RenderingMethod - Default now renders on-screen. If this presents problems on shared desktop environments, set RenderingMethod to "offscreen" (no quotes). When the offscreen mode is set, drag/drop no longer works.
- ErrorAlerts - Set value to true to see more details concerning desktop crashes. These typically arise where restrictive policies prevent the Chromium browser from loading correctly.
- Upgraded internal Chromium browser to version 91.
- Open Web App toolbar option now opens to the current page in the desktop app.
- Catalog items now always send diagnostic information if the option is set under Desktop settings.
- Fixed bug where ConnectWise Sell links wouldn't open to the Order Porter.
- Fixed bug with user not showing up in the attached info added to the ticket.
- Fixed bug where menu icons appeared squished on lower resolution monitors.
- Fixed bug where drag/drop did not work with the file dialogs.
- Fixed bug where user login failed to carry over between sessions.
- Fixed bug where alternate menu links didn't always work to launch local applications.
For more information on the Desktop Application, please see these articles:
Version 4 is being deployed now to all partners. All partners are encouraged to update their users to this latest release.
If you haven't received version 4 yet, simply rebuild your installer under the Partner Settings > Desktop Application. If enabled in Desktop Application Settings, users can request an update under the desktop's Help menu.