Connecting your Syncro/Repairshopr instance to your CloudRadial tenant allows you to submit tickets from CloudRadial to Syncro/Repairshopr as a part of your client portal experience.
Since both the steps to implement and currently supported features are identical, they share the same instructions (henceforth referred to only Syncro integration in this article for simplicity).
The Syncro integration with CloudRadial is in beta and is an evolving work in progress.
|Supported Features||Features Still in Development|
|Selection of Syncro as a supported PSA||Feedback email template|
|Selecting a company PSA ID||User syncing|
|API submission of tickets||Ticket display|
|Automatic creation of contacts during ticket submission||Display of other PSA features, such as invoices and quotes|
|Routing and approvals|
To get Syncro connected to CloudRadial, we'll follow three steps:
- Creating and configuring an API key
- Tying the API key into CloudRadial
- Tying Syncro to specific companies in CloudRadial
Step 1: Creating and Configuring an API Key
Why are we doing this? To integrate with the Syncro PSA, you will need your domain prefix and an API key to ensure a data connection between both platforms. Your API key can be generated and obtained by following the steps listed below.
- Log into your Syncro instance
- Click on your user name to show your profile options
- Click on Profile/Password to show your details
- Click on the API Tokens link just underneath your name
- Click on the +New Token button at the top right
- Click on the Custom Permissions tab
- Name the API "CloudRadial" or similar to identify that this is the API syncing with CloudRadial
- Leave the Expiration date field blank to have the API work indefinitely - you can always disable later if needed
- Tick the boxes with the required rights listed below. Note that these are the required rights and are subject to change as the API with Syncro evolves.
- Customers - Create
- Customers - List/Search
- Customers - View Detail
- Customers - View Total Invoiced
- Customers - Edit
- Customers - Delete
- Tickets - List/Search
- Tickets - View Details
- Tickets - Use Ticket Charges
- Tickets - View 'Their Ticket' Details (assigned to them)
- Tickets - Create
- Tickets - Edit
- Tickets - Delete
- Tickets - Merge
- Ticket Comments - New
- Ticket Comments - Delete
- Ticket Comments - Delete 'Their Comments' (they created)
- Leads - List/Search
- Leads - Delete
- Click the Create API Token button at the bottom
- Copy the API key and store it for use in the next step
- Press Done to finish the API key creation process
Step 2: Tying the API Key into CloudRadial
Why are we doing this? Once we have the right permissions tied to the API key, we'll need to enter it into your CloudRadial instance to secure the connection.
- Log into your CloudRadial tenant
- Go to Partner > Settings and click on "PSA" under Setup in the right-hand column
- Select Syncro for the PSA
- Fill out the first Connection Information section
- Enter the URL from your instance (example: https://cloudradial.syncromsp.com)
- Enter the API key copied from the earlier step
- Press Test Credentials to ensure the connection is secured
- Fill out the second Ticket Settings section
- Enter the priority status you wish users to have when they submit elevated tickets. Must match an existing status in Syncro.
- Click Submit to lock in the settings
Step 3: Tying Syncro to Specific Companies in CloudRadial
Why are we doing this? We need to use identifiers to help CloudRadial link specific companies in the portal to companies in Syncro.
- Navigate to Partner > Clients in CloudRadial
- Click on the 3 blue dots on an existing client
- Click Edit
- Once in the Company editing panel, look for the PSA Company Identifier field
- Note: Steps 4-8 apply both when editing an existing client in CloudRadial or when adding a brand new one
- Use the Lookup button to find their company identifier in Syncro
- Press enter on the blank field to load entries, or type the first few letters of the company you're trying to find and then press enter
- Click on the corresponding company
- The ID will now be in place. Click Submit at the bottom of the panel
The data from Syncro will now be flowing into the relevant (and currently supported) areas of CloudRadial.
Setup is complete - simply repeat the ID entry steps for any loaded up clients or for new clients added to the portal.