It is easy to implement change management through CloudRadial. The users you designate as company admins can approve requests either from their users or from you as their IT provider. Tickets are used to track these requests and special ticket statuses show these request's current state. Tickets in either a waiting or denied status will appear in your PSA so you will have visibility into the workflows.
Approvals can be started either from a user submitting a ticket with a specific status or by a technician (or workflow) setting a particular ticket status. Tickets awaiting approval (or denial) are shown to admins under the Waiting tab under Service Status:
When an administrators open a ticket awaiting approval, they have additional options to approve or deny the request:
Any approval or denial is logged in the company's log history under the Alerts Log tab:
You define the required statuses under the Partner Settings tab under the PSA option:
These statuses must be setup in your PSA exactly (case and spacing) as you define them in CloudRadial.
Typically, these workflow statuses won't exist on in your PSA by default and will need to be created in order to use the company administrator approval feature.
By default, all company admins can approve service items. You can override this on a per item basis by entering a list of user email addresses who can approve the item. Approvals work as follows:
- Items submitted by company admins are automatically approved unless an approvers list is provided.
- When an approvers list is provided, submitters cannot approve their own items even if they are listed or are an admin themselves (except for the next exception).
- If the submitter is the only email listed in the approvers list, their request will be automatically approved.
- Company admins or the provided list of approvers will get a notification email when an approval is required.
- Notifications are not sent when the action is triggered by changing the status with the PSA.
- You can use tokens in the approvers list so that you can define groups of approvers that can be easily changed.
In order to see and approve tickets, approvers must either have the ability to view tickets.
There is a checkbox under catalog item routing that once checked, sets the new ticket to the "Needs Approval" status you've defined.
You can either use this checkbox or simply set the ticket to the correct approval required status.
- Create a ticket note template so that a technician can quickly ask for approval on a ticket. Approvers should be directed to the URL https://your.portal.url/app/service/waiting
- Create ticket status names that make sense to your company approvers.
- Don't forget to adjust your PSA views and notify staff to the new statuses you add to your PSA.