The last thing we wanted was to write yet another agent. But two things headed us down this path.
Why Our Agent Exists
First, there is no standard among RMM agents, and every MSP has their favorite. Not all agents have good APIs and some agents, hosted in the cloud, don't even provide access to the API they have. So, that was a real problem.
Second, the RMM agents were designed for technicians. We wanted data that would help your clients understand their IT better around such items as data governance and compliance. Some of the data we wanted isn't even captured by existing RMM tools. So, that was a real problem too.
So, we have another agent.
The Good News About the CloudRadial Agent
We've worked hard to make sure that our agent is as minimally invasive for you as possible.
- Easy to deploy. In fact, most MSPs use their RMM to push it out. Users can even install it themselves from their Profile page in CloudRadial by selecting their name at the top right and following the highlighted prompt.
- It requires no maintenance. It's self-updating so you never have to push out updates.
- It's light on resources. The agent checks in with all its data only once a day and heartbeats every 10 minutes.
- It runs as a service. The agent sits quietly in the background with no user interface to cause problems.
- It uninstalls easily. The agent uninstall is visible in the Programs and Features list.
- It uninstalls automatically. When you are no longer managing the client, the agent is designed to uninstall automatically when check-in is no longer valid.
- It fails without issues. When the network is down or if an antivirus conflicts with it, it doesn't complain or cause the user issues. The typical worst-case scenario is that it doesn't check-in.
So, forgive us for yet another agent, and remember the goal of this one is to grow your business to make sure you need to buy more RMM agents to support more clients.